Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 6



Day 6:  Peace and Boldness




        Through my journey in just six days of praying Ephesians 3:20 I can see the amazing things God is working on in my heart.  I have had distractions and I have had heartache but in this roller coaster of life I have found God working.  In the latest parent saga I have embraced the knowledge of Him doing Immeasurably More!  The peace that has come from knowing that He can do it ‘according to His power’ has been overwhelming. 

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:7

       God is a God of action; He is always at work.  The work He has done in me without me even asking has been revealing of His continual work.  Even though there have been distractions and hurt I have found myself meditating and praying over Ephesians 3:20 and asking Him to have His way in me.  I don’t even know what that looks like in my life right now, but I don’t have to, He does. 

As I allow Him to fill the spaces in my Spirit, His peace fills me.  He wants to do more in us and through us than we can even imagine.  Even in the midst of distractions, hurts, habits and hang-ups we can open up our Spirit to Him to work.

Whenever our hearts condemn us; for God is greater 
than our hearts, and he knows everything.
Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have
boldness before God” 1John 3: 20-21

       Stand bold in front of a great God who is always at work in us.  God desires us to stand before Him and ask boldly.  Don’t underestimate the power of His work in and through us!
      
       Where can you be bold and stand before God in the midst of all that is going on in your life?  Can you take time to meditate and pray on Ephesians 3:20 and wait on the way God will work in and through you? 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that verse really speaks to me today! It has definitely been a Monday and I have been really overwhelmed with stress. Grateful that He is able to do immeasurably more than I can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooo glad He is in control and NOT me!!!

      Delete
  2. We serve such a mighty God! It amazes me every time I think about it :)

    ReplyDelete