Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 20



Day 20:  Intentional Living


        This weekend I went home for my 30th High School reunion.  As I reflected on all the things that I had purposefully chosen to pursue in high school I was humbled as to how God directed my steps and I at times redirected only to come back to His plan.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you 
hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

       My life was one of self-focus during high school.  What do I want to be when I grow up, where do I want to go to college, what will I major in, who will I date and later marry, what will my career look like?  I saw as I grew to be wiser, my life began to become intentional, not being all about me but beginning to focus on others.  When we intentionally move from focusing on what God is doing in us to what God is doing through us it goes from being self focused on God’s blessings and begins to be outwardly focused on what God wants us to do for others to Glorify Him.  God desires to use us to accomplish what only He can do. Being a believer in Christ we are given power by God to be able to accomplish the work He has set before us. 

“and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms”  Ephesians 1:19-20

       We have to do nothing but believe to receive this power.  Focusing on intentional living as a wise person and making the best of the time we have we begin to see moments of significance, moments that we can have an impact on others.  Intentional living begins to look at how we are living our lives each and every day to represent Christ and to reveal Him to others through our actions and words. 

       Throughout my Christian walk I have taken the time to stop and ask the Lord to reveal to me the opportunities that lay before me to serve others.  It is amazing when we ask for Him to reveal these He lays them out very clearly before us.  We do not always choose to listen or see what He has shown us.  I know I have often felt a strong urging to talk to someone and I don’t obey.  There have been many missed opportunities when someone asks me to pray for them that I don’t just stop right there and immediately pray for them.

       I have had to be intentional to focus on these urging from God and to stop and obey them.  Encouraging others has been something that the Lord lays on my heart frequently.  I stop and obey.  Not only do the blessings flow for the other person or people but knowing that I have obeyed God and seeing the work He is doing in the other persons life lets loose a flood gate of blessings in my life.  When we live with intention to glorify God our paths are made straight, His power works in and through us.


       Are there places in your life that you can live with more intention allow the Lord to work Immeasurably More in and through you?  Are there urgings that He has already given you that you have ignored or put off until later?  Can you begin to look for those specific moments of significance in your daily life to allow the Immeasurably More?

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely to all of your questions! Thank you for the reminder that I need to be more intentional and less haphazard. Deep breath. Think of all the opportunities he has given me to share his love. Exhale. NOW I'm ready to face the day! Thank you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The greatest thing is all we have to do is obey! haha That is so hard to do some days. Try not to add to your 'to do' list...just respond!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your words of inspiration! I need to just STOP and LISTEN to His voice to know where He is leading me...but, oh how we don't do that which we know we should do!!! (I gave myself the goal of reading 10 posts today; yours was #11!! Glad I didn't skip it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!!! I am learning so much as I write these! Trying to be obedient and Listen also!!!

      Delete
  4. Intentionally thinking of others before self... I needed to hear that. Sometimes, even though I hate to admit it, I'm even thinking of myself as I think of others (what will they think of me if I do this). Thanks for the reminder that we need to seek out opportunities and take them as they arise. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that wholeheartedly!!! I am learning to act first on what God is calling me to do then the thoughts don't pile up!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete