Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 23


Day 23:  Daily Touches


       I debated about adding this to yesterday’s post about serving others but I decided it was too important to just throw in at the end. 

Daily touches are something that I was introduced to early in my season of motherhood.  I read somewhere (I wish I had referenced it) that when your children walk in the room; avoid the temptation to blow them off because you need five minutes to yourself.  It said every time your child walks in the room light up like it is the first time you have seen them in a very long time.  Let them see the love you have for them and the joy in your heart that they exist. For me that was a bit difficult being the primary parent who had chosen to stay at home with the kids because my hubby traveled a great deal.  I was often tired and in desperate need for some quiet time.

Daily touches are also a great tool for evaluating your priorities of allowing God to do Immeasurably More through us. Often, I sit down and evaluate not what I am doing but why I am doing it. Am I doing things that benefit only me?  I find at times that it is much more about me than what God is doing through me.  This sends me to a deep prayer.  I pray that I continue to seek to find an opportunity for those Daily touches in others lives.  I pray that His Love will shine through me to others.  I pray that I continue to trust God when He calls.  I pray that I obey God when He is doing Immeasurably More through me.
      
However, when I choose to make it a priority to light up every time one of my children walked into the room.  The joy that I saw in my children’s face made me feel just as much joy, a daily touch.  I began to think how would this change my husband’s reaction when he approached me.  When I would light up when my husband approached me his joy was radiant, a daily touch.  No I did not do it all the time, I forgot.  However, when I made it a priority it made a difference.  Then I tried it with strangers, friends, acquaintances, workers, cashiers, just about anyone I came in contact with; a daily touch. 

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34

       “As I have loved you…”  What a great command.  If every day we go out with the intention to reveal the Immeasurably More that the Lord is doing in us by looking for a way we can have a Daily Touch in the lives of others we are loving like Christ loves us.  The special work that God has set you apart to do may not be something earth shattering at this season of your life.  It may be that He wants you to do a special work in your class work, your coffee shop job, your marriage, your friendships, your daily interactions, wherever you may be in this season of your life.

       Can you find times in your day for the Daily Touches God is asking you to fulfill for Him?  Will you start with small acts and obey the guidance of the Lord in doing Immeasurably More through you?


12 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! What a great reminder of the power of small acts of love done in obedience. I'm going to strive to do this today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Trying to live this everyday!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a good idea, command, PLAN to live like Jesus! I am going to be more aware of this. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea about the daily touches. It is such a special feeling to see that someone really enjoys seeing you. Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments on my blog are Daily Touches for me!!! Thank you for reading!!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this challenge today :) I love the idea of daily touches of love <3
    Blessings, Sarah Travis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the name bagpipesandbluegrass!!!! Keep spreading the Love!!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks! I enjoyed this reminder...and I'll also use it with my husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works on him like it does my hubby!!!!! I just let the secret out to him when he read this!!! He just wanted to make sure it was real and not a fake try at making him feel good!!! I told him it was from my heart!!! He approved!

      Delete
  6. I really like this idea of daily touches...I've been thinking intentionally on how I can do things like this, and I love knowing that just a few words or a small action can really lift someone up. It lifts me up knowing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Jen! Your comment was a daily touch for me!!!!

      Delete