Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 4


Day 4:  Distractions




Through my evaluation of my spiritual life and the depths of my heart I began to see spiritually stagnant areas in my life.  These begin very simply, time away from God and His Word.  There are too many distractions and possibilities to drag me away from spending time with God.  What is it that drags you away?  Do you have health issues that consume you? Kids that are taking unbelievable amounts of time when they are young, adolescents, college age and older (because we KNOW that our kids are always an area of concern in our seasons of mothering)?  Are you having problems with your spouse, work, or money issues? Many things can draw us away from God.

We all have many distractions.  Recently my distraction has been MLB Playoffs.  My hubby is an MLB coach and we were sitting in the position of a Wild Card playoff game which was a major distraction and gave me a LOT of possibilities for time for me and my hubby, making flight plans, hosting friends at games, dinner with them, organizing my three boys and their travel plans and a grand possibility for NO time for God.  This is a choice that I make…time with God or no time for God.  Yes I am a prayerful woman, yes I do Love the Lord, but yes I do put things and activities in front of my time with Him. 

“I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11

       I need to remember to keep His word near me at all times so that the things of this life do not become such a distraction that I forget the mighty God I serve.  In this crazy life of baseball and performance based success or failure you can become very distracted with personal strength and power.  What we have to remember is that it is not all about us but about what He, our mighty God is doing in and through us. I am blessed to be with a group of girls in this baseball family that before our game we gathered in our family room at the ballpark, joined hands and prayed for each player, coach and support staff by name.  We prayed for the umpires and front office staff.  We prayed that our Mighty God would be glorified in everything.
      
       What a mighty God I serve and continue to pray that the distractions of this life do not overpower his mighty power in and through me throughout all of my life.

       How have you taken the power over the distractions in your life to focus on the power of God?


No comments:

Post a Comment