Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 5


Day 5:  Spiritual Attack



Here’s your fair warning!!!  I told you in the beginning I was going to be transparent.  I don’t want to be but we don’t always get to do what we want when we are seeking a closer relationship with God!

“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.”
1 Peter 4:12-13

       In my years as a believing Christian who is seeking a relationship with Christ I have found that at the times that you are doing the most in His Name and for His Glory the more attack you will come under.  It seems the enemy knows that he has to take you down in one of the most vulnerable places to separate you from God.  Well this week the devil has attacked me in the most vulnerable place of all, my child. 

My child is a very intelligent, strong willed man. He was a strong believing Christian at one time.  I tend to blame the atheist girlfriend in high school and the Philosophy professor in college.  But I know I need to blame the one and only that can be blamed, the enemy…the devil.  The devil attacked my son where he knew he could and continued to dig and dig until my son is now at a place of pushing away from our God fearing and God loving family.  My son has mostly attacked me for being a bad mom, another vulnerable place. I was so distraught in thinking about all the things I have done wrong and the possibility of the fulfilled prophesy of an emotionally abusive mother of how I would fail as a mother. 

       I know that I have not been a perfect mom; I am a sinner.  I made him do work around the house for punishment, I yelled at him.  I know that I have asked for forgiveness from my kids and Jesus for many mistakes. I also know that my children were made to memorize scripture, read their Bible and pray with the family.  I know that I have done my best not in relation to other moms but in relation to what God has called me to do as a mother, taking care of HIS children. 

I don’t know what the future holds for my son and our relationship but I know my God is a mighty God and HE will reign most high.  My son has been claimed by God and I know he will return to his belief in Him, God is in control.
      
       To Christ who is able to do more than we can ever imagine, I give my son to Him.  According to HIS power that is at work in us, I give my son to HIM and pray.  I rely on His word I bare my soul to Him who can do all things.  I rely on HIS Word and promises.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33

       I will never ‘wipe my hands’ of any of my children during their hard times or turn my back on them.  However, I WILL give them completely to the Lord and pray without ceasing!!!  

“Now to Him who is able to do Immeasurably More than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.”  Ephesians 3:20



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences with your son in such an open way! You have done your part and raised him in the way of the Lord and now have handed him over to God to "finish a good work" in him! I trust you will continue to "pray without ceasing" and leave him to God's perfect plan. We had a similar situation with my son who was a very rebellious teenager; but is now a God-fearing "man of the house" raising a teenage step daughter. Appreciate your sharing!!! God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I pray for the day when he comes back to the Lord!!!

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree that we are under a spiritual attack! A once heard a sermon about Daniel where he prayed and it was 21 days before an angel visited him. It wasn't that God wasn't listening, the angel was engaged in battle for those 21 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In it for His Glory!!! I know God has good works ahead!!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for bringing transparency and authenticity into the blogging world. Your blog is a breath of fresh air! I'm enjoying this series. :)

    ReplyDelete