Saturday, October 18, 2014

Day 18



Day 18:  Listening for His Guidance


       Changing your attitude to submission to God allows more room for the Holy Spirit to move more freely within us and allow the power of God to do Immeasurably More in and through us.  Having the extra room for the Holy Spirit to move and our minds clear of the extra stuff that fills it, we are able to hear the voice and guidance of God.

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”” Isaiah 30:21

       Through this time of seeking Immeasurably More we have gone through a cleansing of our spirit while evaluating our hearts, the distractions in our lives, how we are in a spiritual attack, ways to see our new self in Christ.  Then we looked at things that allow us to grow closer to Christ.  Now we can hear the voice of God and His Holy Spirit movement within us, leading and guiding us through His power.

       As our spirit is free to feel His holy guidance we need to take the time to listen.

“He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted
 in the earth.””  Psalm 46:10

       Today I am taking time in the midst of busyness to sit in the presence of God and listen for His holy guidance.  He has done Immeasurably More in me and I will continue to seek what He wants to do in me. I will embrace what He wants to do through me.  As the world swirls around me I want to be accountable to God and His desire to do Immeasurably More through me.

       Can you take the time today to listen for His guidance?  Are you ready to be held accountable by God and in obedience listen for His guidance and the Immeasurably More He wants to do through you?


6 comments:

  1. Listening: a massive spiritual shortcoming for me. Just spoke at a retreat where we dedicated an entire room to "listening space" so that we could begin to tune our ears. Obviously, no need for a special room to do that in -- it was meant to be an experience that we could then take forward into life. May He speak to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea!!! A listening room!!!! I may have to personally try that!

      Delete
  2. Takes an everyday commitment to develop a strong relationship with God. Too bad we remember Him mostly in time of need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a huge blessing it is to remember Him on the 'easy' blessed days!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a great challenge to us all. I love that verse from Ephesians, too. It takes all I can imagine and then multiplies it by infinity. :)

    ReplyDelete