Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day 2


Day 2:  Spiritual Rinsing



       As I look at the deepest parts of my spiritual life and my Christian walk I have to unearth many hurts, hang-ups and hardships.  A spiritual cleansing is NOT easy!!!  I am being honest here. I do NOT like looking at the ugly parts of my life trying to clean them out.  Right now I am living in a very happy season, one season is changing into another and I like what I see.  So why do I want to rock a very steady emotional boat to dig deep and uncover things that I don’t want to uncover?  Why?  Because I want to have a deeper connection with Christ allowing His Spirit to move freely in and through me! 

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”  2 Corinthians 9:8

       Again I want to remind you that this blessing God is promising is one of a Spiritual nature not one of a materialistic blessing.  The journey I am going on is one of a Spiritual nature not one of a materialistic nature.  I want my spirit to be so cleansed that His Spirit can freely roam, to give Him space to do Immeasurably More in my life.

       Have you begun to evaluate the dark places in your heart?  Have you begun to evaluate what is taking up the space in your Spirit that takes up the free space to allow His Spirit to move?
      

       Find some paper or a journal and WRITE them down.  Writing them down brings these things into the light and that is the first step in healing.  Some of these may be silly like excessive time on Facebook or searching the web for information, but no matter what it is that is taking up that free space list it!

No comments:

Post a Comment