Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 3


Day 3:  Evaluation of the Heart




       In my Spiritual Rinsing I have evaluated my heart and tried to find areas that need running through a power washer!  Some are innocent distractions and some are deeper seeds of negative thoughts and behavior.  My list began with…wasting time on the computer:  Facebook, Twitter, Email.  When I spend time with these instead of spending time with God I am filling the spaces within me that He could be roaming teaching me and guiding me.  Then as I began to dig deeper my list got harder:  jealousy, greed, fear, anger.  Whoa!!!!  Where did they come from?  I am a Christian Woman!!!  I am a believer!!!  How can those things live within me??? 
      
       I am HUMAN and a SINNER that’s how!  These are things that boil up within us that we have to take responsibility for and clean them out immediately.  As we allow these things to grow within us they begin to push out and strangle the good and the bad boils up.

       What we have to know is that God is at work even when we have these deep dark hurts, hang-ups and hardships.  He is able to do so much more in us than we could ever believe possible.

“’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’”  Isaiah 55: 8-9


       Continue to evaluate your heart knowing that God can do Immeasurably More in you and through you!  What will God do with this new space you are freeing up within you and me?  I don’t know but I do know one thing…I am really excited to see what His Plan is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment