Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 16


Day 16:  Understanding the Will of God


       There are many things in my Christian walk that have confused me at times.  One of them is ‘Understanding the Will of God’.  I have read many scripture and tried to listen to what He says to me in them, but I find myself getting in His way by trying to insert my desires for His Will. 

“For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.”
Romans 8:29

God created us to glorify Him.  To do this we must conform to image of Jesus.  We may know a lot of scriptures and the ‘do’s and don’ts’ of Christianity but do we first see His revealed Will.  His revealed Will is clearly seen in scripture.

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in
Christ Jesus.” 1Thessalonians 5:16-18

       In seeing His revealed will to rejoice, pray and give thanks allows us to open the places in our spirit to hear His unrevealed Will for our lives.

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us” Ephesians 3:20

       So simple, yet so hard.  When I think it is so hard is when I forget that it is ‘according to His power’!  I try and take the control from God.  Who am I to do that?  He is mighty and much more capable than me.  I need to remember His clear direction of Rejoice, Pray, and Give Thanks.  Continuing to grow in the Image of Christ and live to please and glorify Him I allow room for the Holy Spirit to move in and through me.

“For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.” 1Peter 2:15

       As my actions glorify and honor God His glory shines through us for all to see.  This is the manifestation of the Immeasurably More that God is doing in us.  The Immeasurably More that is happening through us is seen by others and puts God’s glory on display.  When we remember to see the revealed Will of God the unrevealed Will of God is better understood.

       Do you need to make time in your busy life to ponder the revealed Will of God?  In response to that time do you see the unrevealed Will begin to present itself to you?  Take the time to sit in the presence of God and accept the Immeasurably More God can and will do through you!


No comments:

Post a Comment