Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Oh the blessings....

Top 10 Reasons to step out in Faith and do what God is calling you to do.....

Recently I have spoken at events hosted by Baseball Chapel and Pro Athletes Outreach, two amazing organizations that support men and women in baseball. They are Christian organizations that come along side us and provide Chapel during the baseball season and a conference in the off season. We have a unique life in Baseball and are blessed to have such great support.

I have spoken at a couple of Spring Women's Events over the past couple of years and did so somewhat reluctantly. Who would want to hear me speak? What do I have to say? Then God had His say. I was asked again and I stepped out in faith to speak at all three events in Florida.

Amazing what I learned by stepping out in faith....

1. Blessings flow...

"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow." James 1:17NLT

2. Fear is squashed....not in the beginning of stepping out in Faith but as a result!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2Timothy 1:7 KJV

3. I get to enjoy other women in baseball!!!

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17

4. God shows up!

"For Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Romans 9:17

5. Encouragement for one and all!

 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 
1 Thessalonians 5:11

6. Joy....such Joy!!!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

7. Laughs and tears....together.

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." Romans 12:15

8. Amazing prayers!

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

9. Love...lots and lots of love....

“Love one another as I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34 

10. Peace in Serving Jesus!!!

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

I stepped out in faith and obedience and was overwhelmed by the love of Christ and the women in baseball. 
"And this is love: that we walk in obedience to His commands. As you have heard from the beginning, His command is that you walk in love." 2 John 1:6 

And ultimately I continue to serve Jesus because one day I want to hear....
"‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your Master’s happiness!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment