Monday, May 26, 2014

A Heartfelt Thank You for ALL of your Sacrifices!!!!




Thank you to ALL....as I sit and ponder the sacrifices made by our service men and women today and in the past I am humbled because of the amazing gift they have given us!  But I also think of the husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, siblings and extended families who have sacrificed for their loved ones to serve our country.  I kept seeing on FaceBook all of my friends honoring their loved one who have served.  Today I want to honor my nephew who is serving in the US Navy.  He has made personal sacrifices, time away from family, time away from his bride to serve our country.  He does it without complaining and with joy (I am sure Most of the time).  I am so very proud of him and his sacrifices.  In this season of his life he is giving of himself, his time, his relationships, his family to serve our country...I am humbled and I am honored!  Thank you Brian Everette, AT2 US Navy, you are my Hero!!!!!

Do you have a loved one who is serving our country now?  How proud are you?  Have you lost a loved one?  We mourn with you!  We stand proud and strong honoring these men and women and all of their sacrifices every day!  Don't let it just be today on Memorial Day or just on Veteran's Day, if you see a service man or woman buy them a coffee or a soda, give them your seat, shake their hands, give them a hug (much to my children's dismay I have done this while traveling through airports, my children were embarrassed but the hug I received in return was filled with love and pride!).  You never know when the last time they have spend time with family and received a hug that only a family member can give.  Thank them for all that they have given, and give in return!

Again, THANK YOU to ALL of those who serve and have sacrificed today we honor you...every day we honor you!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment