Monday, April 20, 2015

Whatever....



Each year that my hubby gets to live his dream I feel more and more honored. In the life of baseball you never know how long you have; how many seasons will you play? how many years will you coach? We live as coaches on year to year salaries so with another season of coaching we feel grateful.

So many years we fell into the trap of 'being in the big leagues' and that my husband was being rewarded for what he had done. Then we saw the brutal trap of living in self. No matter what, there will be failure, being in your own control or others. If you feel others are in control you try to succeed based on their desires and needs. If you are basing it on your own performance there may be times that you don't perform as well as others.

In writing I have fallen into the trap of not feeling good enough to write or not being as good as others. I have tried to alter my writing to what others wanted, their style and outline of what is 'successful'. Falling into the brutal trap of both, I found that I could not succeed either way.

Together my husband and I pray for God's guiding hand in our work, in an organization, as a writer or as parents. Each time we feel ourselves falling into the trap of the feeling of failure or living for self, we center our minds back to God's Word. The scripture that continues to be the foundation of our peace is Colossians 3:23.

I find peace in that beginning word, Whatever. Whatever Lord. Whatever Your Will. Whatever I do, work at it for the Lord. Don't work at it for others or for self. Don't work at it for fame or fortune. Don't work at it to work at it. Work at it as working for the Lord!

Are there things that you work at that you find no peace or calmness? Can you say Whatever Lord, whatever you want Lord? Can you begin to work as working for the Lord? Is there something you need me to pray for you? I love praying and praying for others, let me be there in agreement with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment