Monday, June 22, 2015

Love Conquers All.......



How much hurt can a human inflict? How can humans hurt others intentionally? I just cannot comprehend it.

This past week a group of Christians were attacked in their church after their Bible Study not because they were Christian but because of the color of their skin. Because they were black they were targeted. Even after hearing the love they felt toward others and God this young man brutally murdered nine individuals. I don't understand how someone can hurt another human being.

I have to continue to believe that Love Conquers All. I have to believe that in loving others we show the love of God. I have to believe that no matter how much you may disagree with someone else's beliefs that you can love them in spite of it.

"If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 
But the greatest of these is love.
1Corinthians 13: 3-8, 13
The families of the nine that were murdered this past week showed us the Love from Jesus in action this week. No bitterness, no anger, no throwing flaming arrows, just love. They were in pain and angry. They were hurt and sad. But they showed love. They showed love in the forgiveness that was given to them by God himself. They forgave the murderer less than 48 hours after he took their loved ones.
I want to live in that love. I want to proclaim that love. I want to glorify the God that gives us that love.
Is there someone you need to forgive? Do you need to forgive yourself? Forgiveness is not letting them off the hook it is releasing the pain you hold onto. It is releasing the love of God and His glory.
I am praying for you! Yes you! I pray for each of the eyes that read this blog. I pray for each of the spirits that are seeking a more intimate relationship with Him. I pray!
I am praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment