Monday, May 18, 2015

What a week.....

What a week past and week to come! Two graduations in two weeks makes for a busy and happy mama. I wrote last week a bit about my middle son graduating from East Carolina University. A great accomplishment and a fun time had by all! This week is the graduation of my baby boy from high school. On Saturday night our family hosted the Senior Class and some of the teachers for the dessert portion of their Progressive Dinner. Amazing! The kids were so kind and so grateful.

Candy Buffet

Cupcakes and Cookies

Chocolate Fountain

To Go Bags and Boxes

Arrival

 Sugar Crash

Personalized Cookies

 It was beautiful to be able to pray for each student as I made their personalized cookie.






I thought I would be more sad than I am over the impending graduation, but that is not the emotion I am feeling. I have so much joy in how my youngest has grown into a respectful young man. He is ready to leave the nest and spread his wings. I am ready for the nest to be empty so my husband and I can spread our wings in a new season of life.


My hope in the Lord gives me confidence that our sons will be fine and so will we. We will all continue to work for the Lord and seek His guidance in where our new season will take us and our children. God gave me these kids to raise for Him and I have completed that task. I will always be their mom and be here for support but my rearing days are over. We have given them a foundation based on the word of God and we pray for them each day. Now is their time to soar, now is their season to create the life ahead of them. I will miss my baby boy being with me but know that the path before him has been laid and he will be seeking the Lord's guidance in most of his decisions. I wish I could be confident that every decision will be made based on the Lord's word but as a seasoned mom I know that doesn't happen. However, I am confident that the Lord will be by his side through each and every moment and that gives me peace.

The celebration continues! Celebration of life and accomplishments, my baby boy and his high school graduation and the next season of our marriage. I pray that I continue to trust in the Lord and His plan for the roller coaster we call life.

What season are you in or heading into? Do you need prayer for peace, joy and contentment? Let me know, I would love to join you in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment