Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Word Count Wednesday...Writing!






In my pursuit of writing I wrote about my 2015 Goals.  Today on Word Count Wednesday I want to begin a followup of how I am doing at maintaining my goals. I do think I need to use this sign more!!!



My 2015 Goals:

1. Write1000 words a day!  
Update: I have only missed a few days over the past two weeks and that was due to illness!!!  I am very happy with the habit I am forming to write each day.  As for the 1,000 words a day I haven't been so good.  I have written each morning in my morning pages.  This is where I get up in the morning, select a writing prompt, set my timer for 10-20 minutes and write.  Having a house full of college kids over break meant the rest of the day was spent cooking, cleaning, and washing clothes!!!  I loved every minute of it, time is fleeting with all the kids at home so I put my writing aside, without guilt and love on my family!

2. Write one Christian devotion per week.  
Update:  I wrote a devotional this week and posted it on my Monday Blog.  It felt good to get back to devotions!

3.  Write a proposal by March 2015 for a Non-Fiction book.  
Update:  God help me!!!  This is not going so good.  I have allowed a great deal of doubt to creep in.  Who would read it?  How do I do this?  Why would I do this?  Please pray that I overcome the fear and obey God's call, not my fear!

4.  I will post EVERY Monday on Walking Through Seasons!  
Update:  This is a habit I am happy to say I have missed none of this year!!!  (that means two Mondays!)haha  I have been nurturing this habit since last May and with the #MondayBlogs on Twitter I have been diligent in my posts!

So have I kept up with each goal, no. Have I stopped just because I didn't do it perfectly, no.  I will not give in to a few minor set backs, but I will stand strong and continue to do what I feel God has called me to do!!!



Are you meeting your goals for 2015?  Have you had a few set backs?  What is stopping you from continuing even though there have been a few set backs?  Let's stay strong together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment